Apply for a grant
Why we do it
Baseball, basketball, volleyball, football, boxing, swimming, soccer, rugby, golf, tennis.... if it happens on a court or a field, in a pool or in a ring, our goal is to see all kids given a chance to participate in a sport at any level. It is our core belief that participation in youth sports is an empowering force that teaches valuable life skills of leadership, teamwork, trust, communication and accountability -plus many more- that shapes today's youth into tomorrow's leaders.
OCF supports 501(c)3 organizations that offer organized athletic programming for youth from low-income homes. The Foundation will consider grant requests up to $25,000 that fit into the parameters below. (Please note the average grant size is $7,000.)
- Program Support: costs associated with uniforms, equipment, coaching staff, facility rentals, entrance fees, team travel costs, player fees for sports teams, referees, etc.
- Development and renovation of athletic facilities
- Serving residents of at least one of the nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma
The Olympic Club Foundation does not fund:
- Applications submitted directly by Unified School Districts
- Requests for administrative and operating costs
- Therapeutic athletic activities, academic programs, playgrounds, non-sports summer camps and nutrition programs
How to apply
Click the button below to download the 2018 Grant Application. Please answer the narrative questions with paragraphs numbered to correspond with the questions, and include all listed attachments. Please ensure applications are completed before submitting. After your proposal is received, the Grants Coordinator will follow up if any additional information is needed and to arrange a site visit.
All applications must be emailed as ONE PDF FILE by 5:00PM on the Application Due Date to Hilary Smith at email@example.com.
For additional questions, please visit the OCF Grantmaking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Page.